Saturday, July 6, 2013

H20


There's a new era we are living in, its called the "THIRST" era!

I don't know how or when this came about but it's in full force right about now. Me, I'm an 80's baby. I came from a time when a man/woman was SUPPOSED to compliment you. When you like, or is interested in someone that's what you do. You take a woman out, you compliment her, you may buy her a bouquet of flowers. Today that would be considered "Thirsty" & "Tricking".

Me personally, I don't consider that any of the two. When someone pays me a compliment I say thank you and keep it pushing. If he's really interested in getting to know me, he will politely reach out to me by asking for my number, a little convo, then proceed to ask me out on a date. He sure better compliment me then LOL. The time & energy it took to get dressed up for you, you had better compliment that woman. Ladies compliment the men. If he looks good, tell him, if he smells good tell him. Its not Thirsty. The reason most guys & girls call someone who compliments them THIRSTY is because 1. They don't believe someone can think that highly of them because they don't think that highly of themselves. They don't want to get bamboozled into believing it. 2. They want to make it look like people are "on" them & and their just soooo uninterested! both reasons equaling to LOW SELF ESTEEM!

Thirsty is when you reach out to get to know me, I decline and you continue, annoyingly continue to pursue me. That is very THIRSTY. Like a guy who spots a lady in the mall, asks for her number & she responds "I have a boyfriend" the guy goes on like "you cant have friends?" "we can just be cool" "you can call me when he's acting up" etc etc. When you begin to apply pressure to someone who has already told you no, male or female, my friend you are being THIRSTY!! 

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts.... yea a compliment is just a compliment.. never push the edge, envelope. though open up the possibility of friends.. i guess its weird when it comes 2nd thought.. and the first one was more intimate..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the church say amen,u killed it,right on point,I'm tired of the thirsty era bs,can't do nothing without somebody using that word,I hateeeee that with a passionnn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true I think people really don't know how to use the word thirsty lol. And guys now with the social networks don't even know how to ask a girl out on a date all they want to do is go to the house and chill. And for a female to compliment another female is so unheard of. Where they do that at? smh

    ReplyDelete